Thursday, February 4, 2010

10 months Post Op!

Over the past month I've been slightly out of commission for ultimate as I re-work my inner quad and IT band. On Tuesday I was able to play a game without any pain and no extra swelling.

I've been doing 3 exercises every morning (wall squat hold for 30 seconds x 5, reverse lunge hold x 10, IT stretch with foam roller). I can feel quite a big difference in my inner quad now than before. Although it is still smaller than my good leg.

My physical trainer sessions have revolved around my surgical leg. Basically 30 minutes of pure burning for my weaker leg.

Goal for the next month:
  • Try to get both legs equal in size.

4 comments:

Mireille said...

My surgical leg still isn't the same size as my good leg. I can't believe how long it takes! Glad it not just me...

Andrew said...

I can't believe it either. I've spent the past 5-6 months in heavy training. I thought by now they'd be equal but I'm still off by a noticeable amount.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I found your blog, it really eased my worry about my own healing process. I had my surgery about 11 months ago and still am having a lil pain now and then, which is extremely frustrating. Thank you for writing about your experience and happy healing!

Andrew said...

We have our own little support group here (check the acl blog list on the right!)

Feel free to ask any questions!

Cheers,