Tuesday, November 3, 2009

7 months Post Op

Over the past month since being given the go-ahead for sports, I've been playing 2 days of Ultimate a week + 2 days of personal training (30 mins of pure torture for my legs). Overall, the knee has constantly been improving, I have more confidence in my leg, and with the intense PT sessions my muscle strength is coming close to matching my good leg.

I managed to do a full field sprint without feeling like I'm using my right leg more than surgical left, although I'm nowhere near top speed. However, I ended up straining my good leg hamstring and partially straining my surgical leg hamstring. Note to self: warm up before the game. This one seems obvious but I totally forget to do it and it's extremely important.

The knee catching still happens every now and then but it's slowly slowly getting to the point where I don't remember it.

I've also noticed some muscle anomalies with my surgical leg. When sitting on the floor with my legs straight out in front of me, and raising both legs (while straight). I've noticed the middle quad muscle in my surgical leg is very pronounced, whereas the right leg has all muscles balanced. Hopefully this is nothing to worry about.

I still have skin numbness below the kneecap on the outer size and about the size of tennis ball. If it's getting better, I can barely notice. I've read that the nerves take a long long time to regenerate.

Over the next month, I'll be sticking with personal training 2 times a week to get the surgical leg equal to my good leg.

My goal for the next month is:

- Do a proper warm-up before each game!

No comments: