Thursday, December 3, 2009

8 months post op!

99.9999999% back to feeling normal! My ultimate game last Sunday made me realize how much I've forgotten that I injured my leg. Which is a good thing as we're playing a higher level of ultimate now.

Personal training continues twice a week (30 min sessions) until my two legs are equal. My surgical leg is currently 1/4 inch smaller than my good leg.

I've been doing warm-ups before each game and haven't pulled my hamstrings since.

Stuff that has improved over the past few months:
  • still a large spot below the knee cap that is partially numb, but I'm slowly feeling it again.
  • the catching problem doesn't happen anymore, although I can sometimes feel like it wants to catch. It's a lot less noticeable now.
  • the tingling in the toes only happens when I wake up, no longer during the day and it's quite minor now.
  • size difference between my two legs is only 1/4 inch now. (down from 1/2 inch)
Goals for the next month are:
  • Don't be tearing no ACL!
  • Keep my legs strong!

2 comments:

Summer said...

Congrats, sounds like you're doing really well. I'm happy for you, and CHEERS to no more ACL tears!!

Thanks for blogging, it's been fun to follow along!

Andrew said...

Thanks! It has been fun! (well maybe not fun, but a new experience)

Cheers!