Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Swelling

... and just when I thought everything was peachy clean.

Last night my surgical knee had extra fluid in it. I'm not even sure when it got there as I didn't notice until I was about to hit some zzz's.

The past week:

Tuesday: Personal training - Worked entirely on jumping / plyometrics
Wednesday: Surgical Knee was sore going up / down stairs
Thursday: Personal training - various strengthening routines for quad / hamstrings
Friday: same soreness as Wednesday.
Sunday: Played high level ultimate frisbee game. Although knee was sore, no pain / instability / swelling after game
Monday: pain in knee when going up / down stairs. Most it's been since surgery. Although not unbearable, still unusual.
Monday-night: Noticed my knee has more fluid in it than normal (since surgery)

Currently, there's very little pain when going up/down stairs, no loss in range of motion, no instability. Just a little bit of extra fluid / puffyness.

After doing some research I think it might be overuse and/or scar tissue irritation. But either way, I'll be taking a break over the next 2 weeks and give it time to relax. It's also possible my patella isn't tracking 100%. If it doesn't get better, I'll see a doctor / physiotherapist in the new year.

1 comment:

Mireille said...

That's not good. Rest much!