Monday, January 4, 2010

9 months post op!

One step forward, one step back.

The swelling / extra fluid that showed up 2 weeks ago is completely gone. Even the fluid that was there normally after surgery is gone, which was a nice surprise.

However, I now have pain in my knee while running. The pain is located above the kneecap. Funnily enough, going from a stop to a run doesn't hurt, only when I'm running at a steady pace. My guess is some form of quad tendinitis / overuse injury, or possibly cartilage damage. Unfortunately, the 2 weeks I took off didn't help as during my ultimate frisbee game last night I still felt pain while running and was relegated to guarding the "slow guy".

This is my 9 months post op post, and unfortunately this past month hasn't been too great. However, the acl is still in great shape and my knee is completely stable. At this point I may have to take some time off depending on the what the doc says.

2 comments:

Sienna Christie said...

So how’s your knee now, Andrew? Did you have it checked at that time for a possible explanation about the pain you experienced? Completely recovering from a torn ACL is a long and difficult process because you might re-injure your knee in the process. It’s been 3 years now and I hope you were able to completely recover, and that you’re able to play Frisbee to your heart’s content. :)

Sienna Christie

Andrew said...

Left / surgical knee is great... my right knee hurts more actually, but it hasn't stopped my from playing =)

Cheers