Tuesday, October 14, 2008

5 weeks after the injury

It's been 5 weeks since the injury. Today I met with the doc to discuss the mri results and future surgery.

My LCL and MCL have fully healed. The MCL may need some sutures to lock down the parts that are not attached to the bone and the LCL is slightly loose but it will tighten up over time. He mentioned my PCL should heal on it's own. The meniscus might have flipped back on the right side. My flexability is good. There is still blood floating around in my knee.

He will be referring me to a surgeon at Mount Sinai to reconstruct my ACL as it is totally toast. It will be about 4-6 weeks before the surgeon will look at me. I was hoping for Nov 1 surgery date as ACL reconstruction requires 6 - 8 months of physio recovery after the operation and that would mean I'd be playing Ultimate again by July 1st at the latest. It now looks like mid to late November for operation.

No comments: