Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Injury

On September 8th, 2008, during one Ultimate Frisbee game, I was sprinting one direction and decided to cut sharply the opposite direction. I heard a lot "pop" and hit the ground immediately. I couldn't bend my left leg and one of the ligaments was standing out fairly prominently, plus a large hump below my knee was sticking up. The pain was quite unbearable. After about 10 - 15 minutes both the ligament and hump subsided, but the unbending knee and pain remained. A quick ride in the ambulance to Mount Sinai Hospital plus a small wait in the emergency had me in a nice comfortable bed + morphine.

To keep a long story short: XRay + Ultrasound + 5 different doctors + fracture doctors eventually came to the conclusion I had a problable ACL injury and would need an MRI to confirm. I was released in the afternoon and was sent home with painkillers.

No comments: