Friday, August 7, 2009

18th Week Post Op!

18 down, 8 more to go!

I've started back up into physio 2 days a week now as I'm now cleared to do the harder physio routines. Most of the exercises are about legs & core and jumping onto the bosu ball. I found all the exercises fairly easy so I'm hoping for tougher ones for the next session.

I may pickup a personal trainer for 1 day a week at a gym mainly for 2 reasons: a) I'm finding it's becoming more difficult to push myself on my own and b) the physio place I go to (Athletes' Care) doesn't have a big area to practice running / agility drills.

3 comments:

Mireille said...

Interesting to hear you're going back to physio more often. I don't think that's in my physio protocol but it makes good sense.

I started working with a trainer and I highly recommend it. Mostly just to design programs for me but he's often around and it's encouraging.

What do you do on the Bosu ball exactly?

Andrew said...

Ah so you have a trainer too? well that's good to know cause I was wondering if anyone else would.

Bosu exercises (all with flat side down and squishy side up):

- standing one legged on the bosu and having someone throw a weighted ball at one (which I catch and throw back)
- 1 legged hop on and jumping off while doing a 180 degree twist and landing with both legs
- the above activity but with someone throwing a ball at my as I land on the bosu
- one legged full lunge onto the bosu then transferring my full weight onto the leg and lifting myself up into an airplane pose.
- standing one legged on the bosu and bending down and touching an object and going back up. (probably around the same height as the bosu)

Mireille said...

Wow, that is intense!

Sounds like fun. I am going to ask to do Bosu exercises...