Friday, September 11, 2009

22nd Week Post Op

22 down, 4 more to go!

I saw my physio for probably the last time this week. I only have to come back in if I have questions. Right now all my workouts are done with my personal trainer twice a week, but I'll probably bump it up to 3 times a week to makeup for the lost physio session. My PT is a bit more charismatic than my physio... ie "Don't jump like an old lady, jump like you're athletic!". The sessions are very very intense and I find myself barely able to walk afterwords, but this is exactly what I'm looking for.

The past few weeks of PT have brought a lot more confidence in my leg. They've also brought a bit more tingling in my toes. I'm not sure if this is something to worry about or not. It doesn't affect my ability to move my toes or any part of my leg / foot. From internet research, the best guess is that the nerve is getting irritated by either the remaining swelling or inflamation.

5 comments:

lore said...

hi,

It's nice to see how you almost can get back on that lovely frisbeefield...

I just bumped in on your blog, and find it very interesting... I also just love that precious piece of plastic and the game behind it. I've got a similar story... Last may, it just went wrong on a tournament... without any reason my knee decided to give up: result: ACL rupture and bouth menisci torn...
bummer as they say...

i've got surgery quite fast, and i'm now 10 weeks post-op. Some weeks go very good, other weeks a bit less. I really really hope that my knee heals good and that i will be able to play ultimate again...

best of luck for the last days of revalidation!

Ciao
Lore (belgium)

Mireille said...

How do I add a countdown thingy to my blog??

Andrew said...

Hi Lore,

Sorry to hear about your injury! There's definitely ups and downs and you've just gotta plow through it!

Good Luck!

Andrew said...

You can add gadget's to your page in the customization part. Search for "countdown" gadgets and you'll find some. However, all the ones I found weren't very good so I created my own. I'll see if I can fix it up so anyone can use it (right now I just manually edited the xml code).

Summer said...

Congrats on finishing up with PT! I would love to have a personal trainer to push me, perhaps if I join a gym over the winter months...

I did get my BOSU though (blog to come...) and also had my first game of UF yesterday... I felt really good with no additional soreness afterwards. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you return!!

Cheers!