Thursday, September 3, 2009

5 months Post Op!

5 down, 1 to go!

It's hard to believe it's the final month! Due to me moving places this month I've started to slack on routines. Thankfully personal training started up last week with some intense workouts which has really helped me build confidence in my leg. Also my cardio seems to be fairly decent (according to my physio).

I've also started to actually run for the disc now instead of the usual rumping. Although it's not a full out sprint, I do try and push myself to catch the disc regardless of how far away it is. It feels great!

Size wise, my left leg is still slightly smaller and still has some inflammation. But overall, the muscles are looking much better! The fat pad catching problem is still around but a simple 20 second quad stretch gets rid of it.

My goals for the next month are the same as the last month: Get that left leg to be equal to the right and have equal confidence in both legs!

One month left!

3 comments:

Mireille said...

I asked my personal trainer this morning to add Bosu exercises. I will soon have an Andrew-type workout! Hehe.

That month will go by fast. Push hard and stop slacking. :-)

Summer said...

Hooray- Almost there!! [And, I must say I had a good chuckle at the reference to 'rumping' !! hehe]

I also finally strapped on some cleats this week and made a few runs for the frisbee. I learned that I am most scared of uneven ground as I am running for a catch and looking to the air while I run... I don't remember having this fear before!! :/

This weekend... GOLF! ;)

Did you happen to move to Detroit? We could use some more UF players in our opening pick-up games on 9/13.... !!

Andrew said...

I actually just moved 3 blocks from where I currently live (Toronto).

Ah uneven ground, I fear you too! It'll take time, but I assume you'll get over it!