Sunday, October 4, 2009

6 months Post Op

Yesterday was my 6 month mark since surgery. It's very hard to believe it's been so long since the surgery, but even longer since the injury. In 2 days I'll visit the surgeon for the go ahead for sports!

Over the past 2 weeks I've been in Ireland and about 7 out of the 10 days I did 30 minute rehab exercises in the morning. I also did lots of walking and hiking up cliffs:


Overall, the knee felt good. I had to do my regular quad stretches to get rid of the knee catching. One interesting event which gave me a lot of confidence in my knee was when me and my girl Alice were running around a cliff, going up and down the rocky terrain. At the end she mentioned how I didn't have reservations about running and jumping on the rocks. It was a defining moment that I didn't think about my knee and worry I'd re-injure it.

I feel like I'm ready to play sports again, now I just need the doc's permission!

2 Days Left!

No comments: