Friday, June 12, 2009

10th Week Post Op!

I'm finally in the magical weeks (10-12) where the graft is stuck to the bone and won't come out and that means 2 weeks away till I start running again.

- Skipping rope has improved, but I need to take 2 hops before the rope goes all the way around. My knee starts to shake quite violently when it gets tired, so I can't do it for long.
- I'm up to 40 pounds on hamstring curls 3 sets of 10. I rarely feel that strain when I do them and if I do, it's minor.
- I've still got some inflammation of the bursa sacks (or whatever blob like pad is under the knee cap) which leads me to...
- I've decided I need more break days to let my leg rest and heal. Sometimes a week of daily exercises goes by and I wake up one morning with a sore leg / knee.

The next 2 weeks will be fairly boring. I'm counting down the days till I can run!

And on a side note, not relating to my leg, I've finally started to get the handle on throwing a long flick! woohoo!

1 comment:

Mireille said...

Long flick... Nice!

I want to practice throwing a lot more. I want to become a better handler so that when I go back to Ultimate, I can play a more strategic game... instead of just running and jumping around like crazy to try to catch a point...

I'm happy my throwing hasn't suffered as a result of my injury -- I just haven't improved and that's what I want to do!