Saturday, June 6, 2009

9th Week Post Op

Another one bites the dust!

I have 3 more weeks until I can start running so I won't be seeing my physio until then. I finally overcame my mental barrier stopping me from the one legged hop! Physically, it was very easy, so my physio gave me a new exercise: Skipping Rope. Having never used this strange contraption, I was a little bit stumped on getting it all the way around. But after many trial and error episodes, I managed to skip rope! Every now and then the rope hits my head, but as my physio says "you'll improve your leg and improve on skipping rope!"

I also mentioned that the doc said my leg needs more hyper extension, but my physio thinks it looks fine and it's probably tight hamstrings. So my focus will also be on my flexibility over the next few weeks.

My leg has been aching more in the morning when I wake up, but I assume this is due to the more strenuous exercises I put it through. I've also had dreams about running, so maybe I'm sleep running!

17 More weeks to go!

No comments: