Friday, May 8, 2009

5 weeks Post Op

Another week bites the dust!

My physio added lunges onto the bosu ball to my workout regiment which scares me a little as my acl protocol from the surgeon says "No Full Lunges". Maybe it's not a full lunge since it's partially on the bosu. I'm also allowed to do the squat slider at the gym.

Since I'm going into the 6th week, this is where the actual graft is at its weakest. Worrying about if the graft is going to pull out is secondary to it stretching. So I'll be avoiding the step downs except during my physio and do my best not to over strain it with activities.

I've had some pain in my hamstring below the knee on the outer side, almost to where it connects to the fibula. Acupuncture really helps but it does come back the next day. My physio thinks it's from not walking 100% perfect. Due to the fact it's no where near where they took the graft from or where they drilled, I don't think it's something to worry about.

Couple of important milestones were reached this week: I'm below 150 days left till Ultimate! and I did 15 one-legged mini squats on the bosu ball without using the wall!

No comments: