Monday, May 11, 2009

White men can't jump.

Nothing could be more true at the moment! Today my physio had me attempt a one legged hop. Up and Down. I stood on the peg leg and tried to bring myself to jump... but I couldn't do it. It's been 8 months since my last leap off that leg, 8 months since my last soar through the air. It's not the strength I'm lacking, its the confidence. I love jumping, but mentally, I'm not ready yet. This is the first exercise Mark gave me that I just wasn't able to do. So I had to use the old man's jumper: The Trampoline. At first I couldn't get any height, but eventually I started to get a little and became a bit more comfortable. Then he had me hit the glider for push offs. This I was a lot more comfortable with, but also made me tire quite quickly.

As Bob would say: Baby Steps.

No comments: