Thursday, July 16, 2009

Foam Roller

Say hello to my new best friend! I picked up one of these bad boys on the weekend and after 2 days of rolling, rolling, rolling, my two main issues are gone. I haven't had my fat pad catch or feel like it's in the way in over 3 days. It's amazing how something like that just goes away one day considering it was getting worse while walking.

Also, the pain I felt while walking that started last week is basically gone. I believe, after careful analysis, that the problem was with my IT band. Some IT band streches + roller dude and bamo, it's gone! It comes back a little bit after intense workouts but, with the roller, it doesn't last long.

My chiro-dude told me weeks ago that my quads were really tight and mentioned getting the roller. I should have taken his advice earlier!

3 comments:

Mireille said...

Ok, this is a really stupid question... What the heck do you do with the roller?

I'm guessing you roll it over your knee / quad to loosen up the muscles?

My quad is tight, too. Maybe I should go get one...

Andrew said...

Well I could try and explain it but youtube does a much better job:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lLw81kGeXg

It's basically what you guessed, roll over it until you can bare the pain anymore.

Mireille said...

That is really interesting! Thanks for the link.