Friday, July 31, 2009

16th - 17th week post op!

17 weeks down, 9 more to go!

I played another scrimmage of Ultimate frisbee again last night. It felt good running for the disk again even it was just a light jog. I'm also glad my throw is still fairly decent. However, the better my knee feels, the more reason I *shouldn't* play. So I'll have to go cold turkey the next 2 months and resist the temptations. If only there was the "patch" for Ultimate!

The past 2 weeks have been fairly consistent. The hamstring machine at the gym has finally been fixed and I'm happy to know my hammies didn't degrade over the past 3 weeks (in fact got stronger) even without using it. Apparently all of the other routines I do work the hammies just as much. The fat-pad knee catching problem still occurs every now and then, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. I've been working really hard on the foam roller and lots of stretches.

I meet the surgeon (or probably some random doctor) again on Tuesday which is coincidentally 4 months post op. It's also the time I can start doing cutting routines and high-level plyometrics. I'm looking forward to that!!

2 comments:

Mireille said...

I can't find a roller anywhere...

Ask your surgeon what he/she says about the pain in the back of the knee and we can compare answers. Hehe.

Keep up the good work!

:-)

PS - I haven't tried a scrimmage at Ultimate yet but I could use the patch. Watching my teams play is killing me!

Andrew said...

Any gym / health club / fitness store should have them. I paid $25 for mine and cut it in half so it'll last longer. These guys have them as well, but it'd probably be cheaper to pick it up locally:

http://www.exertools.com/f6x36f22.html

Regarding the pain, I was searching around and I'm guessing it's either the pcl (we both injured ours) or the hamstring since that's somewhat near the area they removed parts. But I'll ask and we can see =)