Friday, April 24, 2009

3 Weeks in Review

My knee is shaping up quite nicely! Although still stiff at times I've achieved a lot goals. My physio says I'm ahead of the curve and I only need to see him once a week now.

Status:
  • Knee flexion to 115+ degrees
  • Can ride a bike now without grunting every revolution
  • One legged Bosu Ball balance for minutes without falling
  • Easily climb up stairs, going down.. not so easy
  • Calf raises are a piece of cake
  • Walking is getting to semi-normal. Because of the tightness it's still not smooth to bend the knee
  • I can ditch the leg raises (my least favorite exercise)

Goals + New Exercises:
  • 120+ degrees flexion
  • Break down more of the scar tissue
  • partial squats while doing one legged bosu ball balance (very tough!)
  • Calf raises on stairs
  • Hamstring curls
  • Walk Normal
  • Walk down Stairs normally without pain.
Now that the weather is finally warming up I should be able to go for longer walks. I still tire pretty quickly but that should change once I hit the bike more.

No comments: