Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chirowhat?

So today was chiropractor day. As many people have questioned "what the hell is he going to do?", I took the liberty of visiting him to find out. He is technically a sports chiropractor and was recommended to me by the surgeon.

It turns out he doesn't do any back breaking stuff on me, just tons of pressure and knee bending + acupuncture to help bend the knee. He worked on my knee for about 40 minutes. Overall he was very knowledgeable and explained why / how to get the scar tissue to break up so that I can have more freedom bending. I also checked out his skill set on the website and it's very similar to my physios except he has a chiropractor degree. So technically, the visit didn't involve any chiropractor stuff at all. He also plays Ultimate Frisbee which was cool! He got my knee to 100 degrees flexion and it's definitely not as tight as it was before!

This morning I had a dream I was chasing a disc and I jumped up to catch it. As I caught it I woke up. Ohhh what a tease! But only 164 days and I can play again!... although I've decided (along with the advice of the chiro dude) I won't be playing 4 nights a week.

No comments: