Saturday, April 4, 2009

My brand new ACL!

I was up at 5:45am to get to the hospital at 7. Surgery was at 9. I met 5 different people before surgery: the surgeon, the doc, the nurse, the anesthesiologist and his assistant. I had a nerve block and lots of drugs. At one point I kept looking at the air duct, and I thought it was moving and couldn't stop staring at it. After that I woke up in the recovery room. I had quite a bit of pain under my leg so apparently they might have missed the back side of my leg for the nerve block. They gave me some morphine and I was good. I was still pretty drowsy after waking up and had some issues standing up as I would start sweating heavily and felt very nauseous. Once I lied down again I was fine. Because of this I didn't leave the hospital until 3:30.

Because of the nerve block I couldn't feel the front half of my leg, which was kinda weird. My mom, being a physiotherapist, was able to hook me up with a cryo cuff! which has made icing a lot easier (although I didn't feel the cold at this time)

My girl Alice has been great at taking care of me and hooking me up with food! Although it's tough to eat at times.

No comments: